Finals are in two weeks for the students at the University of Kansas. Finals mean libraries, late nights, and coffee. For KU students, it is extremely important to know where the closest, and open, coffee place is. So here is a list of 15 coffee places, ranked on when they close.
1. Roasterie Coffee at the Burge and the Underground — both close at 4:00 p.m., which is much to early. However they have a range of items, from coffees to teas and food from small sandwiches to donuts. These two places are good to swing by on your way to the library, aka a good starting place.
2. Coffee Corner at The Oread — closes at 5:00 p.m. and while it is a bit of a walk, this place serves Starbucks which is always necessary. They also serve food, and are a good starting place.
3. Roasterie Coffee at the KS Union — closes at 7:00 p.m., and is full of both coffee and little snacks like donuts to help keep you up. Again, this is also a good starting place, but there are spaces in the Union to get some studying done.
4. Jay Break at Watson Library — closes at 8:00 p.m. and is also full of coffee and more healthy snacks like grapes and cheese. One of two best options for coffee as this is actually in the library. Once this closes, feel free to move over to Anschutz Library.
5. Jay Break at Anschutz Library — closes at 12:00 a.m. and is inside the library, making it the perfect option. This will allow you some human interaction and give you a chance to stretch your legs in between studying.
6. Alchemy Coffee & Bake House — closes at 4:30 p.m., and is only a seven minute drive from Anschutz. This would be a great place to get coffee to go as you head to the library if you live off of campus.
7. Z’s Divine Espresso on Mass. Street — closes at 7:00 p.m. and is only an eight minute drive. This is a good place to and sit down to study as it requires you to find parking right near Mass. Street.
8. Dunn Brothers Coffee on 23rd Street — closes at 8:00 p.m. and only an eight minute drive! This can be a good alternative place to study if you’re tired of the library, but also a good place to swing by and just grab a coffee at.
9. Starbucks in Dillon’s on 23rd Street — open till 8:00 p.m. and is a five minute drive, but you are required to go inside of the store. You can get a really great snack though here!
10. Dunkin’ Donuts on 23rd Street — closes at 9:00 p.m. and it is only an eight minute drive from Anschutz. Drive through is a magical thing for students in a hurry, making this an option for those people.
11. Aimee’s Coffeehouse — closes at 10:00 p.m. and is also only a seven minute drive from Anschutz. This too will require for you to get out of the car, and makes for another alternative to studying in the library.
12. Starbucks on Mass. Street — open till 10:00 p.m. and is only nine minutes away. This too makes for an alternative to studying in the library, or a place to go to get away from studying and just enjoy a coffee.
13. The Bourgeois Pig — closes at 2:00 a.m. and is an eight minute drive. This is one of three really late night options.
14. Henry’s Coffee Shop — closes at 2:00 a.m. and is only a nine minute drive. This is the second of really late night coffee options.
15. Java Break — closed on Wednesday and open till 12:00 a.m. on Tuesdays, but open 24 hours every other day, this place is only nine minutes away. This is the third option for really late night options, as it is an all-nighter kind of place. There are many seating options, and even many food options here, including a cereal bar.
It is important to remember that these drive times are without traffic and the starting place is Anschutz Library, and are also all according to Google Maps. Hours of operation are found on Google Maps and KU Dinning. The Starbucks Dillon hours can be found here. And Z’s Divine Espresso hours can be found here.
Good luck with finals, and finding the open coffee shop.